The Via Ferrata Loen is a spectacular experience you will never forget. You climb high above the fjord, surrounded by the mountains and the Jostedalsbreen National Park. We end up at Mt. Hoven and Loen Skylift. The view is unbelievable all the way. In summertime and Saturdays, you can combine the Via Ferrata with a brand-new zip line. New 2019: Ragnarok Extreme. Season: 1st of May - 31st of October.
We highly recommend using a guide. Guided tours and gear rental via Loen Active. Return to fjord level by Loen Skylift, or by foot on the mountain road (7+5 km). You can book via Ferrata tour with an instructor at 9, 10, and 11 am, with a maximum of 40 guests per departure. Rental of via Ferrata equipment to experienced climbers. On Saturdays, and every day from 1 July to 15 August, the equipment can only be rented from 2 pm. Otherwise, in the season it may be possible to start before 2 pm (contact Loen Active).
In consultation with the municipal infection control doctor, the Via Ferrata will ONLY be available for guests who book a trip with an instructor or rent via Ferrata equipment at the Loen Active store and register their name and phone number. To do the Via Ferrata Loen you need via ferrata harness and helmet. If you have your own equipment, you must register in the Loen Active shop with your name and phone number, and pay a maintenance fee of NOK 200 per person.
- Start from the Loen Active shop. Forrest Road to an altitude of 170 meters. The path through steep terrain from an altitude of 170 meters to 440 meters.
- Walking time on the path: 1 hour
- Altitude at the start of Via Ferrata: 440 meters above sea level
- The Gjølmunnebridge (120 m long): 750 meters above sea level
- The Gjølmunne string (36 m long): 800 meters above sea level
- Altitude at the top of Via Ferrata without the bridge: 880 meters above sea level
- Altitude at the top of Via Ferrata with the bridge: 920 meters above sea level
- Altitude Mt. Hoven: 1011 meters above sea level
- Estimated duration: From five to seven hours.
We recommend guided tours, please contact Loen Active.
Via Ferrata Loen with guide, equipment, and return by Loen Skylift: NOK 1.585,- per adult. Children 12-15 years: NOK 1420,-. Hire of Via Ferrata climbing equipment: NOK 460,- (only for experienced climbers)
Booking and more information: loenactive.no Tel. +47 57 87 58 00. Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org